Saturday, July 5, 2008

Enjoying the 4th




Yesterday was just a fun and enjoyable day. We didn't do much but play in the pool, eat good food and enjoy family. I love when we can do this. (Plus home made ice cream) Rosin decided to paint himself blue with food coloring. Trace was so tired after swimming most of the day. This year we missed our normal fireworks show. They switched it to labor day weekend. BUMMER!!!! In family home evening this week we talked about our freedom and how the Constitution came about. And how the lord played a big role in that and how because of the new freedom to this country the gospel was able to be restored on the earth again. I am so grateful for the country I was born to and that we have the ability to do as we wish. I think we take it for granted at times. But it was nice to teach my children about why we have the 4Th and about the wonderful country we live. I hope all you had a wonderful 4Th of July.

2 comments:

Merrells said...

When we first started dance with the girls Eldon thought it was a waste of time....until....he saw what it did for their coordination and then he said "Oh, well dance is good for them so they will be better at important things like basketball!" Actually now he is so proud of them and their dance. He loves to watch them perform. What type of dance do your girls take? I would love to watch them sometime.

Merrells said...

We have been to a few competitions there. Last year we only went to Tucson. We won't be ready for any competitions this year but might go for the workshop portion of some. You will have to let me know what competitions Camry will be in. I want to take the girls from Duncan to watch some competitions because they have no clue what real dancing is here. I have a lot of work ahead of me with these kids but I love a challenge. The dance program here has been lacking...to say the least. I am excited that we have dance in common with our kids. That will be fun!